Go Back   ALBaseerah.org > General Forums - Questions & Answers- > Your Questions Answered > -- -- Categorized List of Lectures/Questions - Fatawaa -- --
User Name
Password
Home Activities Audio Lounge Get Involved LIVE Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old January 7th, 2008, 04:38
Senior Moderator

Default Pursuing Knowledge

Pursuing Knowledge

1. Concerning the use of online forums by Students of Knowledge - Shaykh Saalih as-Suhaymee

2. Ruling on obeying the parents when the prevent you traveling for seeking of knowledge - Shaykh Abdullaah al-Ghudyaan

3. Ruling on traveling to seek knowledge without the wife - Shaykh Abdullah Al Ghuydaan

4. Which translation/interpretation should be used in reading Qur'an and books of Sunnah - Shaykh 'Abdur-Rahmaan Al-'Ajlaan

5. Ruling on traveling to seek knowledge while having debts - Shaykh Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

6. Regarding not presenting the situation to the scholars in its true form - Shaykh 'Abdul-Maalik Ramadaani al-Jazaairi

7. Regarding saying that one does not need to go back to scholars when have books - Shaykh Ali at-Tuwayjari

8. Ruling on teaching by a sister who has gained knowledge from books and tapes not scholars - Shaykh Abdullah Al Ghuydaan

9. Regarding Da'ee and Scholars who are opposed by some scholars while praised by others - Shaykh Abdullah Al Ghuydaan

10. Regarding having male Tajweed teacher over online classes - Shaykh Muhammad al-Maliki

11. Is it permissible to learn the Arabic language from other than the Salafees? - Shaykh Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

12. Is it permissible for a male teacher to teach a female student if the mahram is present? - Shaykh Shaykh Ahmed Al-Munayee

13. Importance of Masaajid and Islaamic Centers Organising Lectures With The Scholars - Shaykh Abdullaah Al-Jarboo

Last edited by ummkulthoom : February 24th, 2010 at 11:43.
Old January 10th, 2008, 02:57
Acting Moderator

Default Re: Pursuing Knowledge

Question: Through the observations of some of the Students of Knowledge here in America of the Internet forums, certain concerns have come up. We present our concerns to the scholars to direct us, and we seek a solution to our concerns and problems.
  • Many of the forums are managed by unknown personalities, thus the information is managed by a majhool person. This also makes it impossible to contact them in order to correct what is wrong and advise (them) when needed.
  • Many of the visitors who post are unknown/majhool characters as well. On top of this, the information they author in most cases is not related back to any of the scholars, but is merely a concatenation of their own opinion and/or imagination.
  • These authors have taken it as a pastime of theirs to stress the khilaaf (difference) between the scholars, thus causing further splitting of the Muslims. To add water to the mud, the issues these characters stress, are issues many of us are in absolutely no need to have knowledge of, for they are above our level as well as theirs.
  • On these forums the blind are leading the blind. That is every teacher (poster) finds students (observers) and every student finds a teacher.
  • The people both poster and observers spend their time in these forums bypassing the online activities the scholars are holding, such as this one (alBaseerah).
  • The good is little while the harm is great. Both the observer is being misguided and the author/poster is misguiding others.
These are some of the observations in short. These observations reflect the state of affairs of these internet forums.
Please give us the verdict on these forums concerning:
  1. The permissibility of attending the forums?
  2. Who should be allowed to post based on the Shari`ah of Islam, and not their so called: "freedom of speech"?
  3. Also many of those seeking good and to advise try to reply with posts of their own, only to be overwhelmed and attacked by the replies received back. So what is the correct manner in fighting this war against the misguidance and ignorance being spread, and the further dividing of the Muslims, all leading to further weakening of Islam and its people?
Answer: The Shaykh said that first of all everything mentioned in the question and the examples given in the question requires us to turn away completely from these types of open forums where anyone can say what they want to say and where many of the people, whether they be supervisors or writers are unknown. That which I advise you with is to make I'raad (إعراض) i.e. to turn totally away from these types of open forums - jumlatun and tafseelan i.e. completely, turn away from it - all the way!

We should suffice ourselves with the sites of the 'Ulemaa - People of Knowledge. Those are known for not being hasty in giving their fataawa and who are known for their strength and firmness in knowledge - the likes of: the Mufti Shaykh Abdul Azeez aal-Shaykh, and the likes of our Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, and Shaykh Abdullah al-Ghudayaan and Shaykh Saalih al-Luhaydaan and likewise our beloved Minister of Da'wah Shaykh Saalih ibn Abdul Azeez aal-Shaykh and Shaykh Abdul Muhsin al-Abbaad al-Badr and Shaykh Rabee ibn Hadee al-Madkhali and Shaykh Abdul Muhsin al-Ubaykaan and Shaykh Saalih as-Sadlan حفظهم الله and other than them as I did not intend to mention all of them, but rather to give an example of the ones that I was referring to.

We should also return to the sites of our elder scholars, the ones who have past رحمهم الله - the likes of our Shaykh Abdul Azeez ibn Baaz the scholar of his time, and the unique one of his time as it relates to his manners, his moral integrity and his knowledge. Likewise, the scholar of his time - Shaykh Muhammad ibn Salih al-Uthaymeen who gave all of his life to knowledge and to the students of knowledge. And also to our Shaykh Muhammad Naasiruddeen al-Albaanee - the one who gave light to the Sunnah in this time period.

We should not be fooled by those who say that there is a difference of opinion amongst the scholars as it related to Shaykh al-Albaanee. This is a bunch of nonsense. Shaykh al-Albaanee رحمه الله was the one who gave light to the Sunnah in this time period and he is respected by all of the scholars, even if there are differences of opinions amongst them as it relates to issues. All of their manhaj was one and it is the manhaj of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaah. As for the ones that I did not mention from amongst the scholars then I hope that they would excuse me as my intention was to mention the example and not to mention all of them. Likewise, the ones who follow the manhaj of the Ulemaa i.e. they start with Aqeedah in their call to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and that which the aimmah of the Dawah were upon. It is the manhaj of the Sahaabah رضى الله عنهم before all of them.

So we should stick to what has been reported on the websites of the Kibaar Ulemaa (Major Scholars) of this time. We should strive to do that which brings us closer to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى by listening to their tapes and reading their books. Do not pay any attention to the people who are not following this manhaj or those who may speak about some of those Scholars. That is because speaking against the people of Sunnah is a sign of people of Bidah. Likewise, most of these open forums have people that use fake names or give each other such great titles that even the Sahaabah would have been embarrassed to have for themselves.

The Shaykh then mentioned some poetry about Andalus the Muslims of Spain at that time. The meaning of the poetry is that after Andalus had been conquered by the French, or even before when it had been split up, every little place in Spain had someone who called himself king although he only ruled a very small portion of it. Then the French conquered them. The point that the Shaykh was trying to highlight by the poem was that even though someone calls himself a king or a prince it does not make him that.

The people on these sites use false names and they praise one another and praise those that do not deserve to be praised, and this leads to differing amongst the Muslims. So the Shaykh advised on boycotting all these websites. He said: By Allaah, you will be asked about the time you spent on these types of websites. We should listen to the tapes the beneficial lectures of the Ulemaa. We should not be fooled by websites who act like they are with the scholars but they have a hidden agenda and it is nothing but a lie. They are disgracing the scholars, speaking badly about them and defaming them.

We should look for the ones who are in fact following the ways of the Ulemaa in actions, Aqeedah, Methodology, application of Fiqh and other than that. Stick to the Ulemaa and don't be fooled by the people who (especially in Saudi Arabia) ride around in cars and skid around in the streets and do things to be seen and heard amongst the people. Our Shaykh Ali Naasir al-Faqhee (the Shaykh mentioned something that the translator did not get). Our Manhaj is very clear it is the way of the Salaf as-Saalih, the Sahaabah, Imaam Ahmad, Shaykh ul-Islaam ibn Taimiyyah, ibn Qayyim, Shaykh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab and all those who follow the path of the Sahaabah.

In summarizing the Shaykh advised staying away from these websites that have a lot of talk and that we stick to the websites of the Ulemaa. The best thing to do is sit with Ulema if you are able to, if you do not have the ability to do so, then benefit from their tapes and books. If whilst benefiting from their tapes or books you have a question about what was said/mentioned then call the Ulemaa themselves and ask about the issue you didn't understand from the tape or book. Their phone numbers are well known they are even advertised in the newspapers. Do not be fooled by numbers that you may see on websites that say to call this place or that place, rather return to Ulema ar-Rabbaaniyeen those who are well known for their ability to nurture and cultivate, and those known for seeking out the evidences and giving fataawa based upon evidences.

Answered by: Shaykh Saalih as-Suhaymee حفظه الله

Title of Lecture: Special Answers and Questions Session

Date of the Lecture: March 11th, 2006

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here

Read the Transcribed
Lecture: Click Here

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:13.
Old January 11th, 2008, 17:37

Post Re: Pursuing Knowledge

Question: A person wants to travel to study in quest of knowledge and if his parents prevent him from doing so, should he be obedient to them?

Answer: In respect to the type of knowledge that is compulsory and one that it is an individual compulsory act (fard 'ayn), then in this case there is no need to seek permission to go and do that. As for the type of knowledge, which is considered a collective responsibility, if they are in need of him and there is no one to take his place in taking care of them, then he remains and he takes care of them. However if they do not need him because there are others to look after them, if he travels in this case he is not considered to be doing something sinful.

Answered by: Shaykh Abdullaah al-Ghudyaan

Title of Lecture: Explanation of the aayah "...and be dutiful and kind towards the parents"

Date of the Lecture: Saturday, July 16th, 2005

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here

Read the Transcribed Lecture: Click Here

Last edited by ummkulthoom : July 6th, 2008 at 17:27.
Old January 13th, 2008, 16:57
Acting Moderator

Question: I have a strong desire to travel to seek knowledge but my wife does not want to go because she has children from a previous marriage and she does not wish to travel with me so can I travel without her?

Answer: It is waajib upon him to seek knowledge which is mandatory to learn; it is waajib upon him to seek knowledge which is Fard `Ayn upon him; and his wife has no right to stop him from seeking that knowledge which is mandatory for him to learn.

He may travel with her and both of them may seek knowledge, and if she refrains from travelling with him then he may divorce her and travel alone to seek knowledge or if it is easier or facilitated for him to get married to someone who will travel with him, then no doubt this is better and complete, and Allaah سبحانه وتعالى says:

وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِ يُسْراً

{...and whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him.} [at-Talaaq 65:4]

Answered by: Shaykh Abdullah Al Ghuydaan

Title of lecture: Question and answer session

Date of Lecture: 10 November 2007

Listen to the lecture: Click here

Read transcribed lecture: Click here

Quote:
IMPORTANT POINT:

The Shaykh حفظه الله said he may divorce his wife ONLY if she stops him from seeking knowledge which is Fard `Ayn (i.e. knowledge which is obligatory for him to learn).

For a brief explanation of the knowledge which is considered Fard `Ayn you may refer to Question #3 answered during the session on April 1, 2006 - The Four Principles explained by Shaykh al-Ghudyaan.

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:15.
Old January 14th, 2008, 15:58
Acting Moderator

Question: When I read English books on Qur'aan and Sunnah, I come across different translations. What is the correct interpretation that should be used?

Answer: You should take the meaning of Tawheed from the clear Arabic language because the translator may have not translated Tawheed properly. So go back to the books, such as the explanation of the Qur'aan by Ibn Jareer or Ibn Katheer or Qurtubi or Abdur Rahmaan ibn as-Sa'dee رحمهم الله or even Fathul-Qadeer by Imaam ash-Shawkaani رحمه الله. It is also upon you return to the books of the Sunnah such as Fathul-Baari ; the explanation of Saheeh al-Bukhaaree by Imaam Ibn Hajar, and the explanation by an-Nawawi of Saheeh Muslim as well as any other authentic or proper explanation of the Sunnah.

Answered by: Shaykh 'Abdur-Rahmaan Al-'Ajlaan حفظه الله

Title of Lecture: Questions and Answers Session

Date of the Lecture: December 14th, 2006

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here

Read the Transcribed

Last edited by ummkulthoom : July 6th, 2008 at 23:53.
Old January 19th, 2008, 04:12

Question:I am a sister who would like to seek more knowledge of my Deen. I live in the West and would like to go to where the People of Knowledge are. However, I am in heavy debt from school bills (i.e. tens of thousands of dollars). Is it permissible for me to leave my country to seek knowledge with the intention of returning to pay off my debts?

Answer: It is compulsory upon the servant to understand what is fard ayn (individual duty) and what is fard kifaayyah (collective duty) regarding knowledge. Fard ayn is compulsory upon each individual that has attained the age of responsibility. It includes seeking knowledge of:

Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and having Eemaan (faith) in Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and knowledge of the opposite which is hypocrisy the tawheed of Allaah جل و علا and the opposite which is shirk the pillars of Islaam and the opposite which is kufr the performance of taharaah (purification) i.e. wudu, tayyamum and ghusl the salaah the number, pillars, conditions, compulsory aspects the rulings pertaining to fasting if he has wealth he must learn the rulings of zakaat, if he intends to perform hajj or umrah he must learn the rulings of hajj and umrah, if he wants to do business transactions he must learn the regulations of buying and selling, so that he may know what is lawful and what is prohibited the rulings pertaining to marriage what are the rights due to and due from each spouse.

All of this is Fard Ayn i.e. compulsory knowledge upon each individual. If this knowledge can be obtained in one's home town this is no doubt easier. However, if someone cannot be found to teach what is Fard Ayn upon the individual then there is nothing wrong with relocating to where there are scholars and people to instruct in these areas. If there is the need to travel, then it is necessary to request permission to travel from the lender of the loan, with the intention of repaying the loan after returning (from seeking knowledge).

As for knowledge that is fard kifayyah (collective responsibility) e.g. being a judge. This is so because this particular type of knowledge is carried out and spread to others e.g. a teacher or daiya. It is not compulsory to acquire this type of knowledge and to travel to do so, but if he wants to do so it is not a problem.

Answered by: Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

Title of Lecture: The Four Principles by Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhaab

Date of the Lecture: April 1, 2006

Listen to Lecture: Click Here (Class #4)

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:19.
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:50

Question: Concerning the affairs of our Muslims, who take it upon themselves to call our Ulama for advice, what to do, in such and such situation and they do not present the situation in its true picture and they ask about very critical matters of Jarh wa Tadeel and if the Shaykh gives a word according to how they want it, they fly with the words of the Shaykh and place this on our Muslims and deal with them in severe harshness, so much so, that the individual feels himself hurt, pushed away and judged and then it becomes so difficult to connect them back.

Answer: The Shaykh حفظه الله he went on to say concerning this question, that there are two classifications we have in this situation and they are both incorrect. Number one is the person that does not want Jarh wa Tadeel at all. This is their attempt to propagate certain people that they want and they like from the duaat (دعاة). So they say there is no Jarh wa Tadeel so that their mistakes (meaning those of a particular daee) cannot be explained, or so that they cannot be talked about so they say there is no Jarh wa Tadeel so that they may propagate those who they like of the duaat. So this is one they don't want the Jarh wa Tadeel, period.

And the second type of people is those for whom Jarh wa Tadeel has basically become their main concern and this is what they are following. These types of young men (شباب), they go out to find the mistakes of others. Even to the point that they find soldiers for their cause - in which they say look, you go out and listen to this guy's tapes and his books and you listen to what he has to say and we should find all the mistakes he has and we put them down and we write them down and we make jarh on the guy. They do this; but these people are not from the `Ulamaa of Jarh wa Tadeel.

And the Shaykh points out that knowledge of Jarh wa Tadeel is from the Deen but they are not from the `Ulamaa of Jarh wa Tadeel, for the `Ulamaa of Jarh wa Tadeel have always been known to be the `Ulamaa of Taqwa as well. So for instance, they don't make from a drop of water an ocean, nor do they make from the small grain a large mountain. They have justice as well when they're dealing with these affairs. So they have the Haqq when they make the Jarh wa Tadeel of a man; they have the Haqq and they are just when they do this. And these people, they are a certain type of `Ulamaa that can do this and we know them, and when you look back you will find there are only a few of the `Ulamaa are of Jarh wa Tadeel and not everyone went out and made Jarh wa Tadeel.

But today, you find that the person also in certain parts he wants to make Jarh wa Tadeel. He's always speaking about so and so, so and so, so that it may be said that: Our Arjah - the person that we return to in the land of so and so, he is the one that is specialized in Jarh wa Tadeel. So he goes out and makes this jarh, trying to get the people to think he is the person that knows about Jarh wa Tadeel in that land so when they want to come (to that land), they are going to go and ask him about that land what's in this land, who's this, who's that. And this is the person that wants to be heard about as in the hadith: If anyone wants to have his deeds widely publicised, Allah will publicise (his humiliation). And if anyone makes a hypocritical display (of his deeds) Allah will make a display of him.'"[1] So, it is basically an issue of Riyaa (showing off) when he comes and starts making this Riyaa, then Allaah سبحانه و تعالى is going to expose him on Yawm al-Qiyaamah.

He حفظه الله goes on to say that the people of Jarh wa Tadeel are distinguished people and they are certain people of the `Ulamaa of this time. As we said before, when you look back, and you look at the people of Jarh wa Tadeel, you would not find everybody becoming a person of Jarh wa Tadeel five or six or ten etc. When you look in the books of Jarh wa Tadeel, this is what you would find. So the people who had criticism on a person, then they were the ones that had the ability to do so; not like today when everyone that has an issue with a person, they've got to call up a Shaykh and take care of that issue with that person. So they call one, two or three Mashaaikh, and the one that they like what he says, they would expose him [the person with whom they have an issue with] they go ahead and spread the words of the Shaykh. And the one that they don't like what he said or it wasn't beneficial for them, then they'll just keep it hidden, they won't say anything about it.

He goes on to say, these people, Allaahu masta`an, these miskeen (poor, bereft) brothers have wasted their lives there (3) years. They've wasted their lives there (3) years and therefore they've lost of knowledge, they've lost of brotherhood, they've lost of love between them; we ask Allaah that he may bring them back and we remind the people that Allaah سبحانه و تعالى says:

وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتُ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ بَعْضٍ
{The believers, men and women, are Auliyaa (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another} [at-Taubah 9:71]

The Muslims are brothers of each other, they love each other and like good for each other. And this was basically what the Shaykh حفظه الله said concerning this important question.

Answered by: Shaykh 'Abdul-Maalik Ramadaani al-Jazaairi

Title of Lecture: Verily, Man was Created Very Impatient

Date of the Lecture: July 22nd , 2006

Listen to Lecture:
Not Available

Read the Transcribed

[1] Reported by Muslim in Kitaab az-Zuhud war-Raqaiq Vol. 4 (#2986)

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:24.
Old March 20th, 2008, 16:53

Question: A person stated that if you understand the Arabic language and you have the books of the Salaf and their explanations, you do not need have contact with the `Ulamaa. What is the ruling on this?

Answer: This statement that I have just heard, has some errors, it is not correct. A book cannot take the place of a Shaykh. Yes, you can benefit from the book but you cannot have the book take the place of the Shaykh. So as far as reading a book to know the words that the `Ulamaa may use, then is okay for you to continue doing so. However, you must call the `Ulamaa and ask them about what is confusing to you. The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, It may be that a person who carries understanding of the religion (who carries Fiqh) is not a Faqeeh (i.e. he does not really understand), and it maybe that a person who receives that knowledge has a better understanding than the one who gave him that knowledge.ť[1].

Gaining knowledge has a path that should be followed; there is a way or a method in gaining knowledge. The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم taught the Sahaabah (his Companions), the companions taught the Taabioon (the generation after the Companions) and the Taabioon taught those who were after them, up until this time of ours. Knowledge has been taken from those above and passed down to those below, so knowledge is a golden chain everyone at the bottom (at a lower level) taking from those who were above them. It has been said in the past, Whoever takes his books as his Shaykh, his mistakes will be more than the time he is correct.

Especially in this time of ours, when Allaah سبحانه وتعالى has made easy the gaining of knowledge; for example, through the internet where you can hear the lectures of the Kibaarul `Ulamaa (the Senior Scholars) while you are at home; even whilst you are laying down you can hear lectures of the `Ulamaa such as Shaykh Ibn Baaz, Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen, Shaykl al-Albaani, the Grand Mufti, Shaykh al-Fawzaan and others, as from this blessed site albaseerah.org and from its seminars. So I advise you to be keen on seeking knowledge from the `Ulamaa because if you do not, you will have many mistakes and you will slip many times.

Answered by: Shaykh Ali at-Tuwayjari

Title of Lecture: Seeking Knowledge

Date of the Lecture: February 24, 2007

Listen to Lecture: Click Here

Read the Transcribed

[1] With the following wording it occurs as part of a longer hadeeth which Shaykh al-Albaanee رحمه الله says is Saheeh in Silsilah as-Saheehah 1/760 (#404).

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:27.
Old June 10th, 2008, 13:32

Question: A sister who has not studied under a scholar but has gained knowledge from books and tapes and who has indirect access to the scholars wants to know if it is okay for her to teach in the masjid as there is no one else to teach?

Answer: What is known is that knowledge is taken from the lips of the scholars. Each branch of knowledge is taken from one who specializes in that branch e.g. to study tafseer, it is taken from one who specializes in tafseer. This is one way of acquiring knowledge.

Another way is from reading the books but one must not depend on it unless qualified to read the books. Perhaps she may misinterpret something and then pass along the wrong interpretation to the people, who then in turn, convey it to others and this lady will carry the burden of all those who she taught in this way. The Shaykh حفظه الله advises this sister that she should not teach as she did not read the books with one who can give the correct meaning.

Title of lecture: Tafseer Surah Al-Hujuraat, Class 2

Date answered: 2nd December 2006

Listen to lecture: Click here

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:28.
Old June 10th, 2008, 13:43

Question: What should be our position if one or two of our mashaaykh take a position or makes a point about a Daee (Caller) but there are some other scholars from Ahlus Sunnah wal-Jamaaah who praise him and recommend him. What should we do in this situation especially if this has led to disunity amongst the brothers?

Answer: You must look at the Caller and look at his knowledge and what he is speaking about and conveying. Look at those who are praising him and their level of knowledge and look also at those who are criticizing him and their level of knowledge as well. The reason for the criticism should be investigated is it something to do with his belief system, his worship or his characteristics? Or, is it simply because he is in opposition to the madhab that this person has and he is differing with him, and he is being criticized because of this? What is compulsory on us is to investigate the matter and find out exactly what is happening with respect to the individuals who are praising him and those who are criticizing him.

Title of lecture: Tafseer Surah Al-Hujuraat, Class #3

Date answered: 3rd February 2007

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:29.
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:50

Question: The first question is from Sister Umm Mujaab from Ohio. She asks: Is it permissible for a Muslimah to have a male Tajweed teacher over the internet others listen and participate as well. Can you explain any limits concerning this and does the hukum change if he is young or old?

Answer: Sister Umm Mujaab from Ohio is asking about taking a a male teacher to teach her Qur'aan and proper pronunciation tajweed, on the internet. It seems like she's talking about some kind of Paltalk room. We say that it is better that it is a sister and there are a lot of sisters; but if there are none, then the room should not be a private room between this teacher and this sister. It should be open for all brothers and sisters if it necessary that sisters be present.

When the sister is studying Qur'aan with a brother, she must understand that she should not soften her voice. She should recite normally only to give the rulings of the recitation and not to recite with a nice voice as a nice voice is going to attract this person and he is human. So this is the advice if it is essential and if it is about recitation of Qur'aan (tajweed), and not the way of beautiful recitation i.e. it is only how to pronounce the verses of Qur'aan correctly.

But again I say, it is better that the teacher be a sister and the room to be locked between them all i.e. between the sisters, and no males should be there as the voice can be attractive. Also, we need to be careful of the modern media and technology; i.e. that the voice is going to be taken (recorded) and many other things. We have to be very protective. We don't want to demolish a whole city to take the bricks of those houses in order to build up one big house, as they say in Arabic. That is very dangerous. Yes, in the Islaamic history there were some female students who studied with male teachers and some female teachers who taught male students but it was in public. It wasn't private as on the internet - Wallahu A'lam.

Answered by: Shaykh Muhammad al-Maliki

Title of lecture: Question & Answer Session

Date answered: November 25th, 2006

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:31.
Old July 8th, 2008, 14:21
Senior Moderator

Question: Is it permissible to learn the Arabic language from other than the Salafees taking into consideration we do not have any Salafi masjid in the locality where we are?

Answer: Learning the Arabic language is very important because this Shariah (legislation) is an Arabic Shariah. And it is not possible for an individual to understand the Quraan except with knowledge of the Arabic language and likewise the understanding of the ahadeeth of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم. For this reason it is compulsory to learn it (the language) from the view of understanding what Allaah has made obligatory upon him.

So if a person gains access to one who teaches him the language but doesn't dissociate from his corrupted teachings e.g. it is possible that he teaches him language but calls him to a deviated ideology. If the individual has this characteristic then do not learn from him, rather search for an individual who will teach him and who is trustworthy.

Answered by: Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudyaan

Title of Lecture: The Four Principles by Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhaab رحمه الله Class #6

Date of the Lecture: June 17, 2006

Listen to Lecture: Click Here (Class #6)

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:32.
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:27

Question: A questioner from Canada asks: Is it permissible for a male teacher to teach a female student if the mahram is present?

Answer: If it is necessary that she is in front of him seeing what he does something that needs to be done, and she has to see it and she cannot find from amongst the women one who can teach her that, and her mahram is present, then there is no problem. If she comes in her normal clothing and he is in front of her and there is the possibility that there may be some fitnah where he may be impressed by her and she may be impressed by him, or something of this nature, then it is not permissible. If there is little likelihood that fitnah may occur e.g. if the man is older or she is an older woman, or between them is a barrier, or he can teach without actually having to sit near/around her, but rather, what he does is gives the class then leaves, then there is no problem, but if there is any type of harm that might occur then No. Or, if it is within her ability to use women to do the same thing, then No this is not permissible for him to get up and teach her. Rather, what is an obligation upon her a waajib is that if there are women that can teach what that man is teaching then that is where she has to go she has to be with the women. But, if it is something that is darooree (ضروري) necessary for her to learn, and there are no women around to teach her, and the mahram is present and they are taking the necessary protective steps, and having the correct Islaamic hijaab, then I hope that there is no problem with it.

Answered by: Shaykh Ahmed Al-Munayee حفظه الله

Title of Lecture: Question & Answer Session

Date of the Lecture: Saturday, March 31st, 2007

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here

Read the Transcribed

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 13th, 2008 at 21:33.
Old November 19th, 2008, 09:55

Question: We believe the masaajid play a big and a very important role in educating about the Deen of Allaah سبحانه وتعالى. One of the most important roles is to bridge the gap between the Scholars and the Ummah so that Allaah will be worshipped upon al-baseerah (clear guidance) but unfortunately many masaajid and Islaamic centres here in America do not care much about taking knowledge from well known Scholars or organizing tele-lectures with the inheritors of the Prophets (al-waarathatul-anbiyaa), even though it is extremely easy and cheap. So can you please shed some light on the importance of benefiting from the Scholars and organizing lectures of the `Ulamaa in the masaajid.

Answer: As for benefiting from the masaajid (lessons, classes and lectures of the scholars), then without any doubt this is from the responsibilities of the Callers to Allaah and the Imaams of the masaajid. One must ensure that they are properly prepared and qualified for this. They must be encouraged to take advantage of these masaajid and centers making them a place or base for disseminating knowledge and good amongst the people. They should be headquarters for teaching the people and calling them to Allaah سبحانه وتعالى.

It is better that the Islaamic Centres use modern technology the likes of which you are using now, for the benefit of the religion of Allaah سبحانه وتعالى. This is like the internet and the different modern means of communication; inshaa’Allaah this shall be a means of great good because it reaches many places - different cities and countries such as America, Britain, Canada, Australia and even Saudi Arabia, Africa etc. Therefore, if one masjid carries out this obligation, inshaa’Allaah it would become an example for the other masaajid and centres and perhaps becomes a means for the people to compete with each other upon good.

Additionally, this communal obligation will be dropped from the rest of the people as one group or party from amongst the Muslims performs this communal obligation. So no matter what the circumstances, inshaa’Allaah there will be great benefit for all of the Muslims there. Therefore, it is upon the caller to Allaah in the likes of these countries to be patient with each other, to cooperate and give each other sincere naseehah (advice) and to understand one another. By Allaah’s Permission, with this patience and understanding in giving Da`wah there will be general benefit for all in the life of the Ummah.

Answered by: Shaykh Abdullaah Al-Jarboo حفظه الله

Title of Lecture: Building and Maintaining the Houses of Allaah

Date of the Lecture: Saturday 29th November 2008

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here

Read the Transcribed

Last edited by ummkulthoom : February 24th, 2010 at 11:18.
Closed Thread