Go Back   ALBaseerah.org > General Forums - Questions & Answers- > Your Questions Answered > -- -- Categorized List of Lectures/Questions - Fatawaa -- --
User Name
Password
Home Activities Audio Lounge Get Involved LIVE Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2008, 18:08

Post New to Islaam

New to Islaam

1. What is upon her with regard to a non-Muslim father whom she came to know now - Shaykh Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

2. How to keep relationship to a grandmother who is Catholic Christian with statues in her house -Shaykh Saalih al Luhaydaan

3. Can one take shahaadah while on peroid or must take bath before taking shahaadah - Shaykh Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

4. Ruling on praying in English until learns Arabic as new Muslim - Shaykh Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

5. Entered Islam to marry a woman, is his sins forgiven Shaykh Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

6. Doubting the faith after trying to be firm upon the Deen, seeking advice about illness - Shaykh 'Abdullaah ibn Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Jarboo

7. Ruling on removing tattoo of something worshipped beside Allaah - Shaykh Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

8. Ruling on circumcision after embracing Islaam as adult Shaykh Abdul Azeez aal Shaykh

9. Regarding attributing oneself to one's father - Shaykh Ahmed Al-Munayee

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 6th, 2008 at 09:03.
Old January 11th, 2008, 18:10

Post Re: New to Islaam

Question: I am 20 years old and I just found out who my father is. I didn't know him before, nor saw him before because he left my mother before birth. Now I have embraced Islaam, so what is upon me towards him?

Answer: This involves being kind to the parents (Birr), whether you are clothing them, spending financially on them or giving them some place of residence being good to them. This is if the father is in need, this is something that he should do. Also, he should invite him to Islaam and to look at his affairs if he is in need with regards to worldly affairs and if he is able to do so he should help him according to his ability. However, if the father is rich and he doesn't need any worldly assistance or financial aid, then it is sufficient for him to still invite him to Islaam and with Allaah is the success.

Answered by: Shaykh Abdullaah al-Ghudyaan

Title of Lecture: Explanation of the aayah "...and be dutiful and kind towards the parents"

Date of the Lecture: Saturday, July 16th, 2005

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here

Read the Transcribed Lecture: Click Here

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 6th, 2008 at 09:03.
Old January 11th, 2008, 20:07

Question: My grandmother is a Catholic Christian and she has statues of Eesa (Jesus) and Maryam (Mary) Allaah's peace be upon them - in her home and she worships them and asks them for help. Before Islaam my relationship with her was very strong and it is still very strong. However, when I go visit her I don't feel comfortable and I know her actions are shirk, so how do I keep my relation with her with the existence of those statues in her home and should I keep my kids away from her?

Answer: Congratulations for entering Islaam. Islaam does not order the child boy or girl to cut off the parents. And the parents in Islaam are your father and your mother and your father's father and your mother's father and your father's mother and your mother's mother i.e. the grandparents. (All of these are considered parents in Islaam). So the child is not ordered to cut off his relations with his parents. He deals with them with Ihsaan ( إحسان) i.e. in the best way he can. And Allaah سبحانه و تعالى ordered with this even when they try to gear you toward shirk in the Aayah:

وَإِن جَاهَدَاكَ عَلى أَن تُشْرِكَ بِي مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ فَلَا تُطِعْهُمَا وَصَاحِبْهُمَا فِي الدُّنْيَا مَعْرُوفًا وَاتَّبِعْ سَبِيلَ مَنْ أَنَابَ إِلَيَّ ثُمَّ إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
{But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.} [Luqmaan 31:15]

So deal with them with manners this way: that you are friendly with them and you do what they ask which is good, but you do not submit to them in shirk. And in the Hadeeth: My mother came to me during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle and she was a pagan. I said to Allah's Apostle (seeking his verdict), "My mother has come to me and she desires to receive a reward from me, shall I keep good relations with her?" The Prophet said, "Yes, keep good relation with her." [1]

But again, don't obey them in shirk but deal with them in the best of manners. And my advice to you is that you tell your grandmother and give her advice that she comes to Islaam and tell her Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم loved Eesa (Jesus-peace be upon him) and that for anyone to become Muslim they have to love Eesa and believe in him or there is no Islaam for him.

Answered by: Shaykh Saalih al Luhaydaan

Title of Lecture: Islaam vs. Terrorism

Date of the Lecture: September 11th, 2004

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here

Read the Transcribed
Lecture: Click Here

[1] Reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (#2477)

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 6th, 2008 at 09:05.
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:42
Acting Moderator

Default Re: New to Islaam

Question: Can a woman take shahaadah (to enter into Islaam) while she has her period or must she have a ghusl (ritual bath) before pronouncing the shahaadah?

Answer: As it relates to the menstruating woman, if the opportunity presents itself she should pronounce the Shahaadatayn (two testimonies of faith) and enter into the fold of Islaam. When her menses stops she should then make ghusl with the intention to: (1) Rid herself of the impurity of menses and (2) Perform the ghusl for entering into Islaam. She doesn't know if she will live until she becomes pure; therefore, if Allaah has blessed her with the opportunity to accept Islaam she should do so.

Answered by: Shaykh Abdullah Al Ghuydaan

Tite of lecture: Question and answer session

Date of lecture: 10 November 2007

Listen to lecture: Click here

Read transcribe lecture: Click here

Last edited by ummkulthoom : June 29th, 2008 at 16:08.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 07:37

Question: What is the first obligation upon a new Muslim after performing the ghusl (bath), and is it permissible for him/her to pray in the English language until he/she has memorized the prayer in the Arabic language?

Answer: The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلمwhen he sent Muadh to Yemen the first thing he صلى الله عليه و سلم said to do was to invite the people to the Shahaadah That there is no deity worthy of worship other than Allaah and that Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم is the Messenger of Allaah. Then he said If they obey you in this then inform then that Allaah سبحانه و تعالى has made compulsory upon them five prayers throughout the day and night.[1]

So, the first obligation after she comes into Islaam and takes a bath, is the prayer and there is nothing wrong with her performing the prayer in the language which she understands or knows and is accustomed to, until she learns the Arabic language.

Of the principles of our Deen is that when difficulties occur there is ease. There are many verses in the Qur'aan expounding this principle, such as when Allaah جل و علا teaches us:

لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْساً إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا

{Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope} [Al-Baqarah 2:286]

مَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيَجْعَلَ عَلَيْكُم مِّنْ حَرَجٍ

{Allaah does not want to place you in difficulty} [Al-Maaidah 5:6]

So based on that, there is nothing wrong with performing the prayer on time as this is something that should be done (i.e. the prayer on time) and to do the supplication in the language that she is accustomed to speaking until she learns the Arabic language.

Answered by: Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

Title of Lecture: The Four Principles by Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhaab

Date of the Lecture: May 6, 2006

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here (Class #5)

Read the Transcribed

[1] Reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (#1331) and Saheeh Muslim (#19)

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 6th, 2008 at 09:07.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 07:41

Question: If a man embraces Islam so he can take a Muslim woman for marriage is his sins still forgiven or not?

Answer: In all conditions, if he entered (Islaam) outwardly and did not enter inwardly i.e. he entered outwardly for the purpose of marrying a woman then he is a munaafiq (hypocrite) this is Major Hypocrisy because the hypocrites are the ones that Allaah سبحانه و تعالى mentioned in the Qur'aan in surah al-Baqarah:

وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَقُولُ آمَنَّا بِاللَّهِ وَبِالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَمَا هُم بِمُؤْمِنِينَ

{And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: "We believe in Allaah and the Last Day," while in fact they believe not.} [al-Baqarah 2:8]

And likewise what He سبحانه و تعالى mentioned in surah an-Nisaa:

إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ فِي الدَّرْكِ الأَسْفَلِ مِنَ النَّارِ وَلَن تَجِدَ لَهُمْ نَصِيراً

{Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depth (grade) of the Fire; no helper will you find for them.} [An-Nisaa 4:145]

So, if he entered Islaam outwardly and did not enter regarding his heart (i.e. he did not embrace Islaam), and he entered outwardly for the purpose of marriage, then it is not permissible for him to marry this woman. From the principles of the Shareeah is that this type of individual is treated based on the opposite of his intention.

Answered by: Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan

Title of Lecture: The Four Principles by Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhaab

Date of the Lecture: May 6, 2006

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here (Class #5)

Read the Transcribed

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 6th, 2008 at 09:08.
Old February 9th, 2008, 22:58

Question: A Muslim sister who was born and raised in the West was never really religious until recently when da'wah was made to her and she accepted it Alhamdulillaah. However, after accepting the da'wah and trying to be a better Muslim woman, she notified us that she doubts her faith because she claims she is facing a harder life, devastating hardships and bad news after accepting the da'wah. She says "Why would Allaah punish her like this when she is trying to be a better Muslim and person". She also found out that she is infected by the sexually transmitted disease, herpes. The person seeks the guidance of the Shaykh in knowing:
  • How should we advise her about her comments in doubting her faith?
  • If there is any cure for her using ar-Ruqyah, Black Seed, Honey?
  • Lastly, she wants to know if she can marry someone in the future?
Answer: This is a very important question and a very important issue. As a matter of fact the concept of being tried and tested after accepting Islaam, happened during the time of the Sahaabah (Companions) رضى الله عنهم and happens to those who, when they enter into Islaam, they have true eemaan (belief) in Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. This is something that is going to happen as Allaah سبحانه و تعالى mentioned in Surah Al-Ankabut:

الم {1} أَحَسِبَ النَّاسُ أَن يُتْرَكُوا أَن يَقُولُوا آمَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُون
"Alif-Laam-Meem. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested." [al-Ankabut 29:1-2]

Also in Surah Al-Baqarah Allaah سبحانه و تعالى mentioned:

وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوفْ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الأَمَوَالِ وَالأنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ
"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits,
but give glad tidings to As-Saabirin (the patient)." [al-Baqarah 2:155]

Let's go back and look at the Sahaabah رضى الله عنهم. We find that when they accepted Islaam during the time of the Makkan period, some of them were killed, some were tied up in the hottest part of the day on the ground, some were harmed severely, some were imprisoned, some were denied food and drink and some of the Muslim women were divorced by their husbands. All of these things took place and they were strongly tested during that time period until the question entered into their hearts: "Why, why us, why is this happening to us? Why is it that we accepted Islaam and we believe in Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and this is occurring to us?" This is something Shaytaan put in their hearts. Also, the disbelievers began to challenge them and ask them: "If this is indeed the truth, then why are you enduring that which you are enduring?"? Thus, the question came into their heart and they also heard it from the disbelievers, so Allaah سبحانه و تعالى needed to clarify the reality of this issue to them (so that the question would not remain in the chest of the believers).

So Allaah سبحانه و تعالى clarified this issue to them by sending the story of Yusuf عليه السلام. He said to the Sahaabah رضى الله عنهم: some of you had to make migration to Habasha, some of you were tested by your family members, some of you were put into a subjugated state, some of you were imprisoned, and all of you were tested with your faith. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى clarified to the Sahabaah رضى الله that all of these things that some of them experienced, Yusuf ibn Yacoob ibn Ishaaq ibn Ibraaheem عليهم السلام experienced by himself. He experienced all of these when his brothers tried to kill him, when he had to leave the land he lived in, when he was enslaved, when he was imprisoned and when his faith was tested. So after Allaah سبحانه و تعالى sent down the story of Yusuf عليه السلام this brought ease to the chest and hearts of the Sahaabah رضى الله عنهم.

Therefore, this requires us to ask "what is the reality of trials and tribulations?" The answer lies within the story of Yusuf عليه السلام and the stories of the other prophets, where it is shown that this is the Sunnah or the way of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. Whoever claims to love Allaah سبحانه و تعالى, He guides him, then He tests him, then after that the person will transcend to a different level after being tried and tested. This supports the statement of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى where He mentions in the last part of the third ayah of Surah Al-Ankabut:

فَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ الْكَاذِبِينَ
"And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known
(the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test)." [al-Ankabut 29:3]

If in the beginning when one accepted Islaam he acquired goodness, and his anxieties and tribulations were eliminated, and his conditions became good, and Allaah سبحانه و تعالى gave him the things of the duniya (worldly life) then all the people would accept Islaam, not because of their love for Allaah or love for the Deen, but because they desire the worldly possessions. However, Allaah specified this Sunnah (of testing and trying the people) to determine by it, who are the truthful ones who love Allaah and hope to be with Him and hope for the Jannah, from those who are untruthful and desire only the duniya.

The story of Yusuf عليه السلام came as good news for the Sahaabah and for all those who have patience like Yusuf عليه السلام as Allaah عز و جل said:

وَكَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الْمُحْسِنِينَ

"thus We reward the Muhsinin (doers of good)" [Yusuf 12:22]

Allaah سبحانه و تعالى in this story clarified that if a person is patient he will attain glory in this life and will attain the bliss of a happy return in the Hereafter. He سبحانه و تعالى also clarified the tareeq (way, methodology) to attain that goal. It is to have taqwa (fear of Allaah) and to have sabr (patience) whenever one is tested.

إِنَّهُ مَن يَتَّقِ وَيِصْبِرْ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُضِيعُ أَجْرَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ

{Verily, he who fears Allah with obedience to Him (by abstaining from sins and evil deeds, and by performing righteous good deeds),
and is patient, then surely, Allah makes not the reward of the Muhsinin(good-doers) to be lost.} [Yusuf 12:90]

So it is as if the Sahaabah in their period of tribulation were looking for something to educate them regarding the path or methodology that must be followed in order to obtain this final return.

The person that is patient, Allaah سبحانه و تعالى will indeed reward him an innumerable amount as the Shaykh has mentioned to us. So good will come to those that hold onto the Deen and who, when they are tested they are patient. Good will come to them in this life and in the Hereafter, provided that they hold on to that which Allaah سبحانه و تعالى has ordered them with regarding His commands and prohibitions. If a person is patient Allaah will clarify the way or path to attaining their final destination; and that path consists of having patience and taqwa of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى.

The story of Yusuf عليه السلام is relatively long and from the Wisdom of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى was revealed at a time when the Sahaabah truly needed to be reminded of something of this nature. The story was a means of answering the question that resided within their hearts which was "Why us, why is Allaah testing us?" In the story of Yusuf عليه السلام we find the answer to why Yusuf عليه السلام was tested. He himself was the reason why he was tested. How? Allaah سبحانه و تعالى mentions that Yusuf عليه السلام said to his companions in the prison:

إِنِّي تَرَكْتُ مِلَّةَ قَوْمٍ لاَّ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللّهِ وَهُم بِالآخِرَةِ هُمْ كَافِرُونَ{37} وَاتَّبَعْتُ مِلَّةَ آبَآئِـي إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ مَا كَانَ لَنَا أَن نُّشْرِكَ بِاللّهِ مِن شَيْءٍ

"Verily, I have abandoned the religion of a people that believe not in Allaah and are disbelievers in the Hereafter (i.e. the Kan'ânin of Egypt who were polytheists and used to worship sun and other false deities). And I have followed the religion of my fathers[], - Ibrahim (Abraham), Ishaaque (Isaac) and Ya'qob (Jacob), and never could we attribute any partners whatsoever to Allaah." [Yusuf 12:37-38]

Then he called to Tawheed when he said:

يَا صَاحِبَيِ السِّجْنِ أَأَرْبَابٌ مُّتَفَرِّقُونَ

"O two companions of the prison! Are many different lords (gods) better or Allaah, the One, the Irresistible?" [Yusuf 12:39]

Then he clarified ad-Deen al-Qayyim (the Straight Religion) from which emanates everything good and from which the servant derives happiness in this world and the Hereafter, it (ad-Deen al-Qayyim) is based upon pure and sincere Tawheed.

إِنِ الْحُكْمُ إِلاَّ لِلّهِ أَمَرَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُواْ إِلاَّ إِيَّاهُ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَـكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ
"The command (or the judgement) is for none but Allah. He has commanded that you worship none but Him (i.e. His Monotheism);that is the (true) straight religion, but most men know not." [Yusuf 12:40]

Therefore, Yusuf عليه السلام was the reason for being tested. Why?
  • Firstly he left off worshipping the Taaghoot (everything that is worshipped besides Allaah, while being pleased with this worship)
  • Secondly, for having sincerity in worshipping Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and
  • Thirdly, spreading this correct da'wah of Tawheed (worshipping Allaah alone) to his companions in the prison specifically and of course other than that.
If a person would follow and establish these three things: leaving off the Taaghoot, having ikhlaas (sincerity) and performing da'wah, whilst obeying the commands of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and striving to fight the evil within himself, then these are the things that if a person were to ponder upon them he would have his question answered, and Allaah سبحانه و تعالى knows best.

In summary the story of Yusuf عليه السلام entails:
  • Leaving off the Taaghoot
  • Tawheed of Allaah عز و جل
  • Da'wah to Tawheed and the Deen of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى
  • Having patience upon trials, upon giving Da'wah and upon obedience to Allaah.
These issues were not only specific to Yusuf عليه السلام, rather to all of the Prophets and the Seerah (life history) of the Messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم, and all of the Qur'aan concerns these issues.

Regarding the second question "Would this sickness that she has been tried with be benefited by using ruqyah (incantations) and honey?" We say that Islaam came as a complete way of life and addresses all the needs of mankind.
  • The first issue is that there are doctors who have experience and who understand this particular illness and who have done their research on the issue; and perhaps they may have a means to assist the person in this situation to try and rid the person of this sickness.
  • Secondly, with regards to Ruqyah, the sister is encouraged to treat herself by using legislated ruqyah with recitation from the Qur'aan and by using honey and black seed.
  • Thirdly, make du'aa to Allaah عز و جل to cure her, and make du'aa for all her Muslim brothers and sisters.
Then the Shaykh brought out a point that has to be understood and that is that this woman is in between two good conditions. If she makes du'aa and asks Allaah to cure her and she is cured then this is good, however if she makes du'aa and Allaah سبحانه و تعالى tests her with this sickness like He tested His servant Ayuub (Job) عليه السلام, and he was a prophet yet he was afflicted with a sickness for forty years until it left him.

The significance of that is that Allaah tested him and he was patient and had good thoughts of Allaah, so Allaah سبحانه و تعالى will grant him a great fortune in the Hereafter and his illness will expiate his previous sins because illness is possibly an expiation for sins so he will come on the Day of Judgment without any sins. He will be safe in his grave, safe in the Hashr (gathering of people on the Day of Judgment). He will not be afflicted by the anxieties of the people, and he will enter Jannah immediately and will have a high position with Allaah عز و جل. And the duniya is not the same as this with respect to the Hereafter. So he (and someone like this) is between two good states, either he will be cured or will be tested by Allaah سبحانه و تعالى as He سبحانه و تعالى wants for him a high rank and a great reward in the Hereafter.

The Muslim does not understand this, except if he understands the reality of the duniya and the Hereafter. The duniya is not worth anything. It has been created for obedience to Allaah. The purpose of it is Ridwaan (Pleasure) of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and Jannah and success on the Day of Judgment. If one understands the value of the duniya, then he would remain steadfast and patient knowing that in the Hereafter there is a greater reward for him, for example, a person being afflicted with Cancer, Aids, or the likes. Then the Shaykh حفظه الله mentioned a statement from some of the People of Knowledge who said: "If we knew the reward that was in store for a person that was afflicted with illness and remained patient and had good thoughts about Allaah and the Hereafter, then we would want to return to this world and be afflicted with this sickness."?

This matter of trials/afflictions clarifies the great difference between a Muslim - a believer who is strong in eemaan and a kaafir (disbeliever). As for the kaafir when a calamity befalls him, whether illness, poverty or imprisonment etc. he sees it as a great affliction and is impatient and distressed. He thinks that it is the end of the world for him. Whereas the Muslim whenever he is afflicted with something, he sees it only as a test and he is happy because it is from the Wisdom of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and he recognizes that this is an opportunity to have good deeds written for him and to have bad deeds removed from him. This correlates with what Allaah سبحانه و تعالى states when he mentions Qadr (Pre-destination, Pre-Decree):

لِكَيْلَا تَأْسَوْا عَلَى مَا فَاتَكُمْ وَلَا تَفْرَحُوا بِمَا آتَاكُمْ
"In order that you may not grieve at the things over that you fail to get, nor rejoice over that which has been given to you." [al-Hadeed 57:23]

So that is the status of a Muslim when it comes to being tested by a sickness or the like. This is regarding the second question.

As for the third question, "Is it permissible for her to get married and she has this illness?" , the Shaykh went on to say that it is not permissible in this situation to hide this information from an individual who seeks to marry or is interested in marrying this sister or someone like her. If after informing the brother about this sickness, he does not find it to be a problem, then Islaam does not prohibit something like this occurring i.e. marriage. However, there is no doubt that both parties need to go to a qualified doctor and discuss every health issue concerning this sickness, specifically when it comes to the effect it may have on children. If there is a situation where it will indeed affect the children, then this will also have to be considered within the marriage.

Answered by: Shaykh 'Abdullaah ibn Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Jarboo

Title of Lecture: Extremely Beneficial and Detailed Answers

Date of the Lecture: November 4th, 2006

Listen to Lecture: Click Here

Read the Transcribed Lecture: Click Here

Last edited by s_ali : November 6th, 2008 at 16:15.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:58
Acting Moderator

Question: I got a tattoo before accepting Islaam and it is of something worshipped before Islaam. Is it an obligation upon me to have this tattoo removed?

Answer: Yes, it is an obligation upon him to have the tattoo removed and more so as it was an object which the people worshipped in Jaahiliyyah. Some people worshipped trees, stones, the sun, the moon and other than that. As a result of this, it is an obligation upon him to have this tattoo removed.

Answered by: Shaykh Abdullah Al Ghuydaan

Tilte of lecture: Question and answer session

Date of lecture: 17th November 2007

Listen to lecture: Clcik here

Read transcribed lecture: Click here

Last edited by ummkulthoom : June 24th, 2008 at 00:05.
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:38

Question: If a man is not circumcised at birth and embraces Islaam as an adult, is it necessary for him to get circumcised after embracing Islaam?

Answer: Circumcision is waajib upon the man unless it may cause him harm. For example, the man may be very old and the doctors see that if he goes ahead and gets circumcised at this time, it would cause him harm. In this case, circumcision is not waajib. If the person knows this will not harm him and he is able to do it, then it becomes obligatory upon him because our Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم ordered us to circumcise and he صلى الله عليه وسلم said the fitrah is five and he began with circumcision.[1]

Answered by: Shaykh Abdul Azeez aal Shaykh

Title of Lecture: Words of Advice to the Muslims in the West

Date answered: March 19, 2005

Listen to Lecture: Click here

Read the Transcribed Lecture: Click here

[1] Reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, Kitaab al-Libaas (The Book of Clothing), (#5552).

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 6th, 2008 at 09:15.
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:26

Question: A sister from North Carolina says: My husband was born from an illegitimate relationship i.e. zinaa from jaahiliyyah. His mother, all thanks to Allaah, has accepted Islaam but his father remains upon kufr (disbelief). My question is, is it correct for him to be attributed to his father i.e. called by his father's name so and so, the son of so and so? Does it make a difference that he was born into a kaafir family whether he can be called that or not? Is it correct that he call himself so and so, the son of so and so but using the mother's name i.e. that he is attributed to the mother?

Answer: The Shaykh asks concerning the question: when the relationship happened was that type of relationship permissible for them or legislated for them in their religion? Shaykh Zahid replied by saying that this was not stated in the question, may Allaah preserve you. Shaykh Ahmad replied by saying that we should be certain about the issue and then we can answer.

Answered by: Shaykh Ahmed Al-Munayee حفظه الله

Title of Lecture: Question & Answer Session

Date of the Lecture: Saturday, March 31st, 2007

Listen to Lecture:
Click Here

Read the Transcribed

Last edited by SalafiMuslimah88 : November 6th, 2008 at 09:15.
Closed Thread